PhotographyToday.net

Discussions, Community, Learning

Red Oktober

Start a project and invite others to participate.
PFMcFarland
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Red Oktober

Postby PFMcFarland » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:17 pm

I started a new Group on Flickr called Red Oktober, after the annual fun we used to have on NelsonFoto. Right now, it's Invitational (though I may change that to Open) to anyone with any combination of FSU (Former Soviet Union) camera or lens, but the photos must be taken in the month of October, any year. https://www.flickr.com/groups/octfsu/

Of course, we can also post our FSU photos here too. I for one am down to only one functional FSU camera, the Zenit TTL that Ron sent me. It looks like it has very few miles on it. I may even slip on some Sears lenses for variety.

Now, this group is not open to the newer stuff from LOMO, so no Holgas or what have you. It must be Soviet made. Acceptable combinations are FSU camera body with non-FSU lens; FSU lens on non-FSU camera; and FSU camera and lens. You can use a digital body like a Sony A7 variant, or a Schneider Super Angulon, as long as it's attached to something FSU.

So make sure to tag your photos with FSU, Red Oktober, lens type, and camera type on Flickr.

As a bonus, if you're using Soviet made film, the camera and lens don't have to be FSU.

PF
Waiting for the light

PFMcFarland
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Red Oktober

Postby PFMcFarland » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:21 pm

UPDATE: The Red Oktober Group is now open to anyone.

PF
Waiting for the light

PFMcFarland
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Red Oktober

Postby PFMcFarland » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Checking out my Jupiter-8 2/50, and Jupiter-12 2.8/35 lenses on some Kodak Ektar 100 while driving around Giles, Craig, and Roanoke counties.

The shutter on the Zorki-6 camera still needs some adjustment, as it is running fast, and uneven. Not good for the Ektar film, which has only a little bit of latitude. Made for some great saturated images though.

Jupiter-12 2.8/35

Moon Jumping Training Camp by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Gravel Hill Christian Church Founded 1835 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Through The Tree by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Jupiter-8 2/50

Trout Fishing In Roanoke by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Allegiant Liftoff by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Wormy by P F McFarland, on Flickr

See all 27 photos at https://flic.kr/s/aHskFdiHGs

PF
Waiting for the light

Social Media