- Uses the camera’s image processor to convert RAW files
- Is compatible with four X-series cameras
- Available now for Mac with Windows version due in early 2018
Fujifilm is launching a new software package for photographers who shoot RAW images with certain X-series cameras.
Fujifilm X RAW Studio, which is available now for the Mac platform and for Windows in February 2018, is somewhat unique in that it uses the camera’s image processing engine to do the work, rather than the computer’s CPU.
Fujifilm says that this will benefit photographers who might not have the fastest computer.
At the moment, Fujifilm X RAW Studio is compatible with these cameras that have this level of firmware:
- Fujifilm GFX 50S, v2.00 or later
- Fujifilm X-T2, v3.00 or later
- Fujifilm X-Pro2, v4.00 or later*
- Fujifilm X100F, v2.00 or later*
* New firmware for the X-Pro2 and X100F was to be released in December 2017.
The software will be available for free and can only be used to process RAW images taken with the cameras mentioned above.