- Four “Clean & Check” vouchers per year
- Two-day turnaround for repairs with loaner equipment available
- Annual membership costs $499
For professional photographers, manufacturer support is a very important factor when considering a camera system.
Camera manufacturers that serve professionals know this, and certain camera companies have staff dedicated to catering to working photographers.
Count Fujifilm among those. Fujfilm recently announced Fujfilm Professional Services for the U.S. market for photographers using its mirrorless medium format GFX camera.
The goal of the GFX FPS program is to provide priority service for enrolled photographers.
Although intended for professional photographers, membership isn’t limited to that group. A quick look at the GFX-FPS application form shows that prospective members must own at least one GFX body and one GF lens, and both must be registered with Fujifilm within 90 days of buying them.
Any GFX equipment purchased after joining the program is covered by the program. GFX-FPS membership isn’t transferrable, so if you sell your gear, the buyer won’t be covered.
MEMBERSHIP FOR CONTINENTAL U.S. ONLY
Membership also is limited to the Continental U.S. and Washington, D.C. Buyers in Alaska and Hawaii, as well as Puerto Rico, Guam and other U.S. territories aren’t eligible to join the program.
The cost of membership in the GFX-FPS program is $499 per year.
With all of that covered, what are the benefits of a GFX-FPS membership?
- Access to dedicated phone and e-mail support, including weekends.
- Four “Clean & Check” vouchers for one body and one lens that includes an operational body check, sensor cleaning and firmware updates.
- A 50% discount on “Clean & Check” services after the four vouchers have been used.
- Two business day turnaround for “Clean & Check” services, which includes free two-day express return of equipment.
- A 30% discount on non-warranty repairs.
- Two-day turnaround for repairs with free two-day shipping for warranty and out-of-warranty repairs.
- GFX loaner for repairs that will take longer than two days. This is based on availability of loaner equipment.